about SMC (USA)
The Sikh Motorcycle Club(SMC), USA is a voluntary organization of dedicated and passionate individuals, based in the state of California. The organization supports, promotes and advocates the cause of turban-wearing Sikhs who, in most parts of the USA, are not permitted to ride a motorcycle without the requirement of a helmet. SMC has been founded on the beliefs and ideals of the Sikh Religion (“Manas Ki Jaat Sabeh Ekey Pehchanbo, meaning Recognize the Human Race as One”) and aspires to spread the ideology of “to love and live in Harmony”.
The founders are inspired by the great personalities who practice donning a dastaar (turban) while riding like Avatar Singh Dhillon and his fellow Canadian brothers in the Canadian Provinces of British Columbia and Ontario. The ultimate objective of SMC(USA) started off with a vision to form an international alliance with its neighboring brotherhood of various bike riding groups and merge together as ONE International Brotherhood of Bikers.
The organization strives to increase awareness against hate crimes and promote road safety through collaborative efforts with law enforcement agencies and community organizations. The Sikh community’s grief over the aftermath of September 11, 2001 and mass shooting at the Sikh Gurdwara (Sikh place of worship) in Oak Creek, Wisconsin on August, 05, 2012 has been a huge motivating factor for the organizations mission.
We are passionate about riding and will continue to do so for good cause, give us a call.
We are creating awareness about SMC & Turban Riders by attending various events across the United States of America.
We would like to educate our fellow Americans about Sikh Religion and create awareness.
Your donation will provide us resources to donate to charities as and when required.
Our Media Partners
Punjabi Radio USA
Punjab Mail USA
Chardikla Time TV
Funds Raised for Charity
In celebration of Guru Nanak’s 550th Birth Anniversary in the year 2019, a small group of motorcycle enthusiasts came together with an idea to serve humanity through the practice of the Three Pillars of Sikhism. The formation has been initialized for the global movement to celebrate the upcoming Guru Nanak’s 550th Birth Anniversary.
Now, we are started expanding our footprint all across the USA. In this direction, we are opening local chapters and recruiting members in all the States of USA.
The BIG Event (550th)
DATE: October 19th and 20th, 2019
VENUE: Gurdwara Sahib Stockton to Gurdwara Sahib Redding
DETAILS: “Check Events Page for Details”
We are participating in the following local events:
1. September 1st, 2019 – San Jose Nagar Kirtan
2. October 13th, 2019 – Sikh Riders of America Annual Fundraiser
3. Oct 19th and 20th, 2019 – Guru Nanak 550 Miles Unity Ride
4. November 3rd, 2019 – Yuba City Nagar Kirtan
5. December 1st, 2019 – Fresno Nagar Kirtan
Reasons to Join - SMC (USA)
1. The SMC is a non-profit organization.
2. The SMC does not discriminate against any race, gender, religion or ethnicity.
3. To promote and enforce rights of the Sikhs to ride a motorcycle while wearing the turban and without a helmet.
4. To strive for the right to ride motorcycle with Turban all over the USA
5. The SMC may oppose or support any Government or private body or institution and to strive for the fundamental rights of human beings according to the Sikh values.
6. To bring together a group of people who has belief in Sikh philosophies and riding style.
7. To spread the awareness among the people about the importance of the Sikh turban
8. To spread the awareness among the people about Sikhism.
9. To organize, participate and support the charitable events.
10. To promote the fellowship among the motorcycle riders.
11. To improve the relationship between the local community and the Sikh motorcycle riders through discussions, social events, seminars and similar events.
12. To promote the motorcycle safety through motorcycle riders safety courses, seminars, and rallies, as well as through newsletters and discussion among the members.
Start your journey with SMC (USA) now
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get in Touch
Location: California, USA
RIDE with PRIDE